Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Thanks For Your Support

I haven't blogged in a few days because I've been sick...yes mothers are actually allowed to get sick from time to time.  I always get whatever virus it is that my kids bring home on their shoes, hands and noses...they come in touch everything, cough and sneeze in my face and viola I get sick.  It didn't help much that we took the little ones to an Easter egg hunt at a local church and while it was very nice, the rain kind of put a damper on the day.  So now that I am feeling a little bit better I want to discuss my support system.

A support system is very important because we need people to cheer us on, pat us on the back and tell us that we did good.  I have a pretty good support system of friends, family and a few people that I really don't even know, but they support me and my efforts in becoming a published author.  These people have read parts of Skeletons and some other manuscripts that I've been working on and they are just as excited (if not more) to finally see my work in print.  

Not only do my support system have my back when it comes to my writing career they also have my back when it comes to other areas of my life.  Such as when I'm having a bad day and the kids are driving me to the brink of individually plucking out my armpit hair one-by-one, I will call one or two of my support team and they will talk me off of jumping off of the bridge.  My support team are great individuals who actually take the time out to care and to call me just to see how I'm doing and to make sure that I'm still amongst the living.  Sometimes a writer's life is a life of isolation so they will even come by the house when they haven't seen or heard from me in a while.  

The important thing about a good support system is not only the support that they give, but also the support that they receive.  See I also support my support team.  While none of them are writers they all do have their own individual things that they are working on and they need my support.  One of my support staff is going through a rocky divorce so whenever she needs to vent I'm there to allow her that moment.  Another of my support crew is madly in love so whenever she needs to gush about the hot date that she and her own McDreamy went on I'm there to listen.  That is the good thing about support crews, you each have one another's back and that is how real friendships work. 

Think about your own support crew and be thankful that you have someone to support you because like a house needs the foundation for support without it the structure would be unstable and eventually fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment