Friday, April 22, 2011

DID I REALLY DO THAT? Living with Regret

Hey everyone, I woke up this morning with a headache, I can't remember much of what happened last night all that I know is that I did something that I regret. I am a person who has a great deal of self-control and restraint, but I must have really been in a mood yesterday because I did the unthinkable...

Hangs Head in Shame....
I allowed my inner editor get inside of my head she forced me to re-think the direction of Skeletons and delete one of the characters completely from the book! Mind you I have been writing this book for five years, this book is older than two of my children, this book is my baby and yet I allowed some unknown force to tamper with my mind and delete a character from the entire book. I don't even know why I did it, but at the time it did make some sort of sense to me, but now I regret it because this one character and her story that made the idea of Skeletons possible.  Not only did I delete her, but I also saved it on my laptop.  Madonna is one of the people that I idolize and she once said live your life without regrets and I have always done that...lived without regret, but now as I sit here thinking about what I did, I now know what regret feels like.

Is That  Light At The End of This Lonely Dark Tunnel?
Thank God I remember that I saved a copy of Skeletons not only on this laptop, but also on my other laptop and they are networked together! Also, I have a backup copy on a flash drive that I brought for $9.99 at Target!  The only thing that I have to do is update what is on my flash drive and I'm good to go.

Lesson Learned
Think before I delete, sleep on it and finally but most importantly, don't listen to my inner editor wait until my real editor gives me suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment