Monday, April 18, 2011

How Six Kids HELPS Your Sex Life!

In between writing and raising my children I do get a moment of time to spend with my husband, Kerri.  Tomorrow is our 8th wedding anniversary and while I am looking forward to it, we are not into all of the hoopla surrounding wedding anniversaries.  Its not our thing.  We will probably wake up, kiss, go to the gym, come home, watch T.V. and deal with the day-to-day activities of dealing with the house and the kids.
What surprises people about my husband and I is that we do have a very active and passionate sex life.  People tend to think that just because we have six rug rats that our sex life must be nonexistent.  Well these six kids came from somewhere didn't they? LOL.
Honestly having six kids actually HELPED our sex life...yes I said helped it.  See when you are living in a house with little people you have zero privacy and practically zero alone time.  However, there are times when we do find ourselves alone and able to have fun, but it takes some creativity.  For example, with six kids running around the house you have to be able to be spontaneous enough to get it in whenever and wherever the mood strikes you.  Sometimes there is a kid or two in our bed and the living room if completely off limits so we tend to gravitate towards the room that no kid dare to go....the laundry room.   Oh yeah the laundry room can be quite sexy at times...instead of the scents of lavender and musk filling the room you have to tolerate the smells of Gain and Bounce, but hey I like the smell of clean clothes.  Instead of the plush feel of down comforters and 1200 thread-count sheets you have to tolerate the feel of an ice cold washing machine.  It takes some manipulating of your body and some arm strength on behalf of your guy, but trust me it can be done.  The laundry room works so well because no one likes doing laundry except for me so I know that the kids won't make their way down there  (I don't know that they even know where the laundry room exist for that matter).
Another great place is the garage which we call the storage area...it is filled with items that we no longer have a use for but are too lazy to toss so we just throw it all in the garage.   I know the kids won't venture in there because of fear that we may ask them to actually help us clean it.  When we say that we are in the garage you should see how fast the kids scatter.   My husband and I have gotten it on in some strange places and when we think about it now we just laugh it off...we are like two horny teens.  We use to wait until the kids took naps, but our schedules are so crazy that it is impossible and when the kids nap I'm either writing, cleaning the house, running an errand or trying to nap myself.
I cannot believe how many people tell me that they don't have an active sex life because of their kids...remember before there were six there was two, me and you.  We have to continue to connect with our mates in order for our lives to be happy and complete.  I am a wife first, a mother second and a writer third.
Being creative is the key to a good marriage and a great sex life, you can't let having six kids hold you back from enjoying your mate as you once did.  You cannot be afraid of being spontaneous and thinking outside of the box from time-to-time.  So the next time you are in the laundry room, grab your mate and have at it.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment