Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My Cast of Characters

Today is a good day...finally, after five long, hard years spilling out my blood, sweat and tears Skeletons is finally done.  I typed the final six letters The End, this morning at around 10:30am.  While I loved my fictional world, it feels great to be back to my own reality.  Speaking of my reality, my own life is like a book because my life is filled with a cast of characters and I'd like to introduce them to you.

First there is my 17 year-old daughter, Takeyha.  She is truly a character not only because she is an overly dramatic teenager, but because her personality is a combination of sassy, laid-back and ghetto. Takeyha was hit by a car when she was 7 year-old and was in a coma for two weeks while I sat at her bedside until she woke up.  My daughter is very independent, but she still thinks that my money is her money and keeps up with my paydays better than I do.  She has been looking at Chicago's Art Institute to study photography and design as far as her college plans go, but recently she said that she wanted to go to beauty school in Atlanta.  Hopefully she will make up her mind soon.





Next in line is my 13 year-old son Asa and trust me you can't get no better character than him.  Asa is into skateboarding, video games, football, basketball, baseball and any other thing that has to do with a ball.  While Asa is a clown who enjoys being the center of attention and making people laugh, he also has a spiritual side.  When one of the other kids were ill Asa was the first one to lay hands and pray for him.  Other than a professional football player I am not sure what his plans for the future are, but whatever it may be I know that he will excel at it. 


Peceful J'Nae or PJ is the third in the bunch and she is the most like me when I was her age.  Like me PJ loves to read and write; like me PJ is also a know-it-all and will argue her point until you finally either tell her to shut up or you throw up your hands in defeat and give up.  Even though PJ doesn't always smell the best, she is a very sweet girl who will go out of her way for the people that she loves and cares about. 

Next is my six year-old Javier; don't let the sweet innocense of this picture fool you Javier is an eccentric, energetic and anal kid.  Instead of playing sports like his big brother, Asa, Javier prefers to sing and dance in the hallways or to play Jedi with his foam sword; he is also into playing anything Mario or Sonic on his Wii.  Javier does not like to get dirty, he will not eat doughnuts because they make his hands sticky and he cannot take his hands being sticky.  He has to look a certain way, he will fight to the death over a pair of shorts that he fears will make him look stupid (that is exactly what he said).  While he is quirky he is also very sweet and always offers up more than enough kisses and hugs. 



Boston Michael is fifth in line and he may be small but never will be forgotten. Boston was born at 32 weeks and weighed 4lbs.  Don't let his small size fool you Boston is a force to be wreckened with.  Javier is much larger than Boston so he tends to use his size to bully Boss, however what Boston lacks in size he makes up in the ability to mind-fuck Javier with one little whispered word in Javier's ear, "stupid" or as Boston says it "tupid".  Boston isn't as outgoing as Javier, he prefers to stay quiet and keeps to himself, but he loves to play with with grandpa and eat whatever food that is put in front of him at the time.

Last but not least is Januari K'Lani who will be turning one year-old on May 22nd.  Januari was a difficult pregnancy.  I had pregnancy induced high blood pressure which resulted in pre-eclampsia and her being delivered 2 weeks before her due date.  Januari is something else!  We wanted her to be a princess, but she is more of a diva with MMA fighter abilities.  She doesn't play with the teddy bears or baby dolls that we have for her instead she prefers to play with her brothers trucks or just to climb on people in a wrestling match.  Jan is a very good baby, but sometimes her diva tendancies make her difficult to deal with.

Momma and Papa bear...Kerri and I; we have been together for over ten years and married for over eight.  Kerri is my best friend and the only person who knows the intricate workings of me. He is Steve and I am Miranda because while people think that I need a power player to compete with my mind in all actuality all I need is a simple guy who loves PS3 video games and sports to even me out.  We are like Ying and Yang so opposite that we naturally attract.  You will find me reading a book while he is playing his video game.  I love to dance to music, but he loves TV and I am quiet and shy to where is he more outgoing and loud.  

Those are my cast of characters in my life and they make the book of my life so interesting.  We have extras such as my sisters, neices, nephews, friends and parents who do their part in making my life so unique and different.  Think about your life, who are the cast of characters in it and think about how they make your life more than just black words on a white page.  

TTFN!


No comments:

Post a Comment