Friday, May 6, 2011

Being A Contortionist Is Hard On Your Back! Ouch!

Hello! I love going to the circus when I can get over the smells of the elephants, camels and horses I get to enjoy the different circus acts.  Clowns, jugglers and aerial acrobatics are sure fire ways to wow a crowd, but there is one circus act that wows and amazes people time and time again and that is the act of the contortionist.  It is amazing the way that a contortionist can bend and move her body in ways that are truly unimaginable and impossible for most people, but she does it with ease and grace.  The contortionist is truly amazing.
 
I Didn't Know That I Could Bend Like That!

The act of contortion is an unusual form of physical display which involves the dramatic bending and flexing of the human body, but are you too a contortionist?  Think about in your own relationships, not only the relationship that you have with your mate, but also the relationships that you have with others.  Are you performing unusual feats by bending and flexing yourself when they stay rigid?  For example, in Sex And The City when Carrie wanted the wedding of her dreams complete with a ridiculous guest list and even more ridiculous wedding gowns, but Big who had been married before and who already had the big wedding, he just wanted something simple and low-key...even though he left her at the alter....they still got married by his terms.  Carrie showed an act of contortion by bending and flexing to meet the wants and needs of Big.  I too am guilty of being a master contortionist in my relationships, bending and flexing myself to fit inside of someone else's box.  Are you bending to fit inside of someone else's little clear box? Do you constantly find yourself rerouting your own plans in order to take a detour down their road of life? A lot of times detours takes us completely out of our way and it takes us longer to get back on track. 

OUCH! I Think I Threw My Back Out!

Think about all of that bending and flexing that the contortionist does, pretty soon their back is going to go out and they are going to be bent and flexed so much that they simply cannot bend anymore.  When you are constantly ignoring your own "to-do" list to take care of things so that someone else can check that item off of their own to-do list your list only keeps growing and growing until you haven't gotten anything accomplished.   If you are constantly changing your plans in order fit the plans of someone else then you are basically contorting your life to fit inside of someone else's life.  That constant bending, flexing, twisting, turning, leaning and molding eventually wears thin on your life.  

A Little Bit Of Bend Never Hurt Nobody

Consistent contorting can wear thin on you; however there is nothing wrong with a little bit of flex.  I flex with my husband on certain things as he does with me just as long as that flex isn't taking a toll on me and my life's goals.  There is nothing wrong with helping out your fellow man or changing your plans to hang out with your girls at the mall to hanging out with your man after he got fired from his job.  A little bit of flex is good because it shows that you care and that you want your partners in life to be successful and get the things that they desire as well.  

You Go This Way I Go That Way

In relationships we all should bend and flex a little bit because the ability and willingness of each of us to compromise.  If I meet you in your town this time the next time you meet me in my town or if we go to the restaurant of my choice this time then I'll try some sushi with you the next time.  We can get the fire engine red car however it has to have a DVD player in it because I like to watch TV on long trips.  Compromise and communication are as golden as a chiropractor is to a contortionist.  So if you find yourself with a backache think about all of the bending and contorting that you have been doing for others and untwist yourself to get your wants, needs and desires back on track!



TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment