Sunday, September 23, 2012

Author of The Write Way To Love, Kisha Green

 
First thing first, who is Kisha Green?

Kisha is a mother,sister,aunt,friend, publisher,writer,promoter, book reviewer, online radio hostess and reality tv junkie lol

When did you begin your love affair with the written word?
 
I've always kept a journal since I was 11 and my entries always read like stories.


I can remember the first time I tried my hand at writing, I wrote a short story about a woman who lost her son in a botched robbery, I think that I was about 14 at the time. Can you remember the first time your pen hit the paper and you began to write?
 
At age 11 and the story was about what my life would be if I was rich and famous with long hair like Rapunzel.


Eric Jerome Dickey, Mary Monroe and even Judith Michaels inspired me to write more and to write better. Who are some of your favorite authors who inspired you?
 
Mary Higgins Clark and Jackie Collins. They both have a unique gift of storytelling that inspired me to take my writing seriously.


You have children, and with children it is oftentimes hard to get a free moment to breathe let a lone to pen an entire book. How do you juggle being a parent and an author?
 
I'm a mother of four and time management is very hard but my family comes first. I used to have it backwards thinking I had to be this best selling author and everyone has to know my name and my family could wait but now my attitude is the work can wait because without the love and support of my family I am nothing.



You are self-published, how do you think that self-publishing has changed the literary world?
 
It has allowed a lot of people to take their literary fate into their own hands. Self publishing is a real commitment that takes real hard work and dedication,so it has to be respected as such.


I know that I cringe every time I see a poorly designed book cover or an author responding in a less than professional manner to a book review. What are some of the things in the literary world that grinds your gears?
 
Bad covers and bad editing. Your book like your child is a DIRECT representation of you. So in publishing you must put your best literary foot forward.


A Write Way to Love is a short story that is about a woman who is trying to follow her dreams to become an author, but she does not have the support from her less than faithful husband. How important is it that your life partner support you in your dreams?
 
Very important because if you do not have your partners support you won't be able to produce the best product because you won't be able to solely focus knowing the project isn't supported by the person you love.


Tell me about your title, Fefe’s Freaky Tale?
 
It is my Erotic Flash Fiction short story about Feona "FeFe" Walker a woman who has only one thing on her mind - pleasure. Before her love can come down, she must select a man to quench her body's insatiable appetite. NOTHING is off limits in her quest for pure sexual ecstasy. It is a very sexually charged short story.


Tell us about your 2009 book, And Even If I Did?
 
And Even If I Did tells a story of friendship and betrayal amongst three friends all on the road to self discovery but ultimately the girls learn the lifetime lesson that everyone wants to be a friend but many aren't truly capable of actually being one.


This book has a happy ending which is something that we aren’t use to in a lot of Urban literature. Do you feel that urban authors have embraced the tragic endings?
 
I think a lot of authors stick to the formula of drama sells so they tend to give readers drama but for me I enjoy happy endings so I try to implement something positive in my endings. There's a lot of negativity already here on the earth so why not write something different.


You are very vocal on your Facebook and Twitter feed; how do you think that social media has helped you as an author?
 
It is indeed a blessing. I'm able to reach so many and daily I grow my readership and clientele. I'm truly blessed to be able to incorporate social media into my daily life that makes it financially beneficial for me and my family.


Last question, what is next for Kisha Green?
 
The sky is truly the limit. I will continue to expand my brand while creating a legacy for my children.


Thank you for your responses…where can readers find your books?
 
My books can be purchased from my website (www.divabooksinconline.com), Amazon and BN.com

 

You can connect with Kisha Green on one of the following soical media outlets:




No comments:

Post a Comment