Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Is There Love In The Club?

When someone says that they cannot find a good man or woman to date and make their mate, I often hear advisors tell them not to go looking for love in the clubs.  I hear them say to go to the church to find a mate or go to the grocery story, but whatever you do DO NOT GO TO THE CLUB sometimes they have that warning finger wagging back and forth.  
I don't get it though; why can't we find love in the club?  Usher said that it was possible so it must be true, right?  Having been married for the past eight years and a mom of a half-dozen I can honestly say that the nightclub scene isn't my thing anymore, not only do I not have the time, but I don't have the stamina that I use to have in my earlier years.  In my 20s I enjoyed my run with the club scene quite well; my girls and I would get all dolled up in the least amount of fabric legally possible for public and a lot of hair to hit the clubs Thursday through Sunday and we had fun.  
While I was not going to the club looking for love, I know quite a few people go to the club to find someone and to make a connection and at the same time several people go to the club to find someone to hook up with for the night.  

Motivation

If you are going to the club you have to ask yourself what is your motivation; is it to hook up or are you looking to find your husband or wife?  It is possible to find a life long connection in the club, but it is more likely that you will find someone who is willing to hook up with you for the night.  It is all about what you project.  For example if you are in the club drinking, half naked in your 'come fuck me dress' and are projecting that you want to hook up then more than likely you will not find your life long partner because people are not going to take you seriously.  However, if you are out and you've had a few drinks, but aren't sloppy drunk and you are dressed sexy showing a bit of skin here, a bit of skin there and a little more down there and you are sending out the vibe that you are there for a good time with the possibility of meeting someone then you have more of a chance of meeting someone who isn't looking for just a hook up. 


First of all people who go to the club aren't some human/club hybrid people; yet they are human just like you and I, but they are people who enjoy loud music, lousy over-priced drinks and don't mind getting their toes smashed all night long and some of them have one set of eyes, but they are still people.  Club dwellers usually have jobs in order to pay their entry into the club, some of them have style and put their pants on one leg at a time just like I do.  I don't understand the big deal, if you are at the club and they are at the club then hey, you both have something in common already.  As long as your motivation matches their motivation then it should be all good.   
Just like if you were going to church to find a mate, if that is your main reason for being at church and you meet a cutie who is saved, sanctified and filled with the Holy Ghost it won't work because your motivations do not match up.  On that same note if you both love the Lord and happen to meet at a church even then it will work because you share a similar interest and your motivations are the same.  
Love in the club is possible, you just have to be careful, don't be desperate and please just have fun no matter where you are and I'm sure that you will find the person of your dreams!

TTFN!





No comments:

Post a Comment