Friday, August 19, 2011

HEAR YE HEAR YE! The Power Of Promoting

Hello world! Only 4 more weeks until the release of my debut novel, Skeletons, and I have to say that I have been so busy lately. I had the misconception that once I wrote the book the hard part was done, boy was I wrong. Not only editing, revising, editing again, revising again I also have to remember that in order for my book to sell people have to know about it and in order for people to know about it I have to promote it.
That should be a no-brainer, right? Wrong.  I have come across some fantastic reads that I'd never heard of because the author didn't market and promote. I'm not talking about uploading their book to amazon.com then every once and a while putting something on Facebook and Twitter about their book and sit back while waiting for their book to sell on it's own. That isn't promoting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment